Leslieville Tree Festival
Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:00 – 4:00 PM
The Leslieville Tree Festival is a public celebration of our urban forest. Focused on providing activities and fun for the whole family. It includes displays from environmental groups and local green vendors, exciting performances from local musicians and performers, exhibits from environmental groups and local green vendors, a ceremonial tree planting, face-painting and a wide array of other children’s activities!
It is held in Leslie Grove Park, located at the corner of Queen St. East and Jones Ave. Councillor Fletcher promotes the event widely throughout her Ward and acts as master of ceremonies for the day. Approximately 500 attendees are expected!
Expect to have a full afternoon of performers, including the amazing Toronto All-Star Big Band and other special pop-up performances! There will also be free face-painting by Masquerading Faces!
And, back by popular demand, a 24-foot high climbing wall from Toronto Climbing Academy. Kids will love the chance to Climb’n Dangle!
You can also take home a free native shrub (while supplies last) when you sign up for the free electronic newsletter at the Festival! If you are already signed up, you qualify!
Follow Leslieville Tree Festival news and updates and share your own stories of the day: #LeslievilleTreeFestival
- Applegrove Community Complex
- Appleseed Yoga
- Caerwent HouseStories
- ChocoSol Traders
- David Suzuki Foundation
- East End Arts
- Enterprise CarShare
- FRIENDS of Canadian Broadcasting, Toronto – Danforth Committee
- Friends of the Rouge Watershed
- Green Hope Foundation
- Jones Library – Toronto Public Library
- Leslieville Business Improvement Area
- Leslieville Residents Association
- Little Tree Wellness & Apothecary
- Live Green Toronto
- Masquerading Faces
- Nicola Woods
- Progress Toronto
- Project Neutral
- Rain Gardeners United
- Ralph Thornton Community Centre
- Stop Plastics
- The Bee Shop Inc.
- The Care Gift Elves
- The Flying Yogi
- Toronto Field Naturalists
- Toronto Historical Association
- Toronto Wildlife Centre
4th Annual Leslieville Food & Drink Festival
Thursday, June 6 & Friday, June 7, 2019
- Sample Cuisine – From the very best restaurants in the East End
- Explore Wines – Including wine & food pairing seminars
- Try Local Brews – Discover craft beer brewed right in your neighbourhood
- Shop ’til You Drop – You won’t be able to resist the Artisanal Market
- Enjoy Live Music – Curated an eclectic selection of DJs and live bands
- Fundraising – Supporting Duke of Connaught P.S. Breakfast Program
TASTE THE EAST SIDE!
At the Leslieville Food & Drink Festival enjoy art, music, food and drink, while supporting our vibrant community!
This all East Side event – an initiative of Vandenberg House – supports and promotes local businesses and the community at large.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESLIEVILLE FOOD & DRINK FESTIVAL
- Indulge in the tastiest cuisine east of the Don
- Taste & Vote: Leslieville’s Best Cocktail Competition – Sponsored By Reid’s Distillery
- Socialize on the Private Outdoor Patio
- Chef Demonstrations, Oyster Shucking Class with The Burren, Knife Sharpening Class
- Sip Wines Served in the Finest East Side Restaurants and Bars
- Sample Craft Beer from all the East Side Breweries
- Explore the Lounges
- Dance the Night Away with our Live Music and DJ
- Much more to come
Leslieville is coming together to create 2 great nights for locals and Torontonians to enjoy and explore. With the support of our sponsors, Loblaws Leslie, Field Gate: The Poet Condos, Reid’s Distillery and The Vandenberg House, who are invested in the Leslieville Community, this is sure to be a great social, tasty event. Don’t miss out another year!
345 Carlaw Ave, Toronto ON
Parking: On-site Underground
Welcome to 1145 Gerrard Street East, a spacious and beautiful home in trendy Leslieville!
This home offers 3 bedrooms, 1 washroom, hardwood flooring throughout, plus a private backyard oasis with parking. The main floor is open concept with a living and dining area that leads to a bright kitchen with backyard access.
Located steps to delicious restaurants, great shops, pubs, and Greenwood Park with dog park and skating rink. Easy TTC access for a quick commute to downtown.
List price: $2,800 / month
MLS #: E4474423
Victoria Day Fireworks are happening this weekend at Ashbridges Bay Park!
Here’s everything you need to know:
🕤 Victoria Day, Mon. May 20, 9:45 pm (approximately)
Ashbridges Bay Park
🎇 Toronto’s only Victoria Day fireworks show will be a spectacular 14 minute display at Ashbridges Bay Park, rain or shine.
🚲 Those attending are asked to leave the car at home and walk, cycle or take public transit.
🚇 TTC service will be increased between Queen Street East and the Bloor-Danforth subway on the Coxwell (22A), Main (64) and Woodbine South (92A). It is recommended that members of the public use the TTC and leave their cars at home.
👀 A special viewing area with limited space is set aside to accommodate people with disabilities and their families. City bylaws prohibit the public from setting off personal fireworks in the park.
🐈🐕 A reminder if your animals are sensitive to loud noises to keep them inside and have somewhere comforting for them to escape to.
Follow Our Blog Posts
- Leslieville Tree Festival June 12, 2019
- Leslieville Food & Drink Festival June 5, 2019
- JUST LISTED FOR LEASE! 1145 Gerrard Street East – Leslieville June 5, 2019
- Victoria Day fireworks 2019 May 17, 2019
- The Burren Pub: Rugged, Mysterious & Captivating May 16, 2019
- Mother’s Day Leslieville Flea May 10, 2019
- Cherry Blossom Watch 2019 April 30, 2019
- Record Store Day April 13, 2019 April 9, 2019